Viera, FL– June 19, 2017-The USSSA Pride will be facing the Texas Charge for the first time this season on June 19th and 20th. Game one will be hosted at Getterman Stadium, home of Baylor softball in Waco, Texas and game two will be hosted at Bobcat Softball Stadium in San Marcos, Texas. First pitch on both nights are set for 8:05 PM (ET) and will be streamed live on NPFTV.
The Pride currently stand at the top of the league with a 6-2 record and a .750 winning percentage. In eight games, the Pride have scored 39 runs, with 8 home runs, 36 RBI and averaged a .430 slugging percentage hitting .257 with 53 hits. The Pride pitching staff has totaled 41 strikeouts and have averaged a 1.88 ERA.
This upcoming series marks the first time the Pride will face the Texas Charge following a regular season record of 8-2 versus the Charge in 2016.
Fans can watch every Pride game all summer long on NPFTV.com.
Pride Players to Watch:
- Kelly Kretschman: Kretschman leads the Pride in batting average (.550), hits (11), home runs (2) tied with Sierra Romero and Lauren Chamberlain, RBI (6) tied with Sierra Romero, runs (6) tied with Megan Wiggins and on-base percentage (.679).
- Sierra Romero: Is leading the Pride team in home runs (2) and RBI (6) tied with Kelly Kretschman, Romero is also averaging a .381 on-base percentage. Romero hit her first grand slam of the season in the Pride’s 11-1 victory over the Chicago Bandits on June 13.
- Chelsea Goodacre: Has one home-run on the season with 7 hits, 5 RBI, 5 runs scored and has the 2nd best batting average on the Pride with .304 and a .333 on-base percentage. Goodacre had the game winning hit against the Bandits for a come from behind win in extras in the Pride’s fourth win of the season.
- Megan Wiggins: In, 7 games, Megan currently leads the team in runs (6) tied with Kelly Kretschman. She has 5 hits, 3 RBI, is hitting .278 and has an on-base percentage of .500.
- Lauren Chamberlain: In the Pride’s last game, Lauren was the only player to hit off of 2016 NPF Pitcher of the Year Monica Abbott in the Pride’s 4-1 loss, it was her second home run of the 2017 season. Chamberlain is currently hitting .217, with 2 home runs, 3 RBI, 5 hits and 3 runs in 23 at-bats.
Texas Charge Players to Watch:
- Taylor Gadbois: In 2016, Taylor hit .331 with 52 hits, 29 runs, a .991 fielding percentage with 104 put outs.
- Lauren Haeger: Appeared in 48 games with a 3.01 ERA. Led the team with a slugging percentage of .463 in 2016 and tallied 7 home runs on the season with 100 strike outs.
- This series features four former Florida players, two on the Pride roster, Hannah Rogers and Kirsti Merritt, and two on the Charge roster, Lauren Haeger and draftee Delanie Gourley.
- This is the first time the Pride will face the Texas Charge this season.
- In 2016, the Pride finished 8-2 against the Texas Charge.
- Both games will be played at two neutral sites, Getterman Stadium in Waco, Texas, home of Baylor softball and Bobcat Softball Stadium in San Marcos, Texas.
About USSSA Florida Pride:
The USSSA Florida Pride is a professional franchise in the National Pro Fastpitch League that is owned and operated by USSSA. The amateur organization of USSSA has multi-sport coverage and encompasses teams and players from the United States and abroad.
About National Pro Fastpitch (NPF):
National Pro Fastpitch (NPF), an Official Development Partner of Major League Baseball since 2004, provides elite female athletes with an opportunity to pursue a professional career in fastpitch softball beyond their collegiate and amateur success. The NPF affiliate teams consist of the Akron Racers, Beijing Shougang Eagles, Chicago Bandits, Scrap Yard Dawgs, Texas Charge and USSSA Florida Pride for the 2017 season. National Pro Fastpitch players hail from the United States, Australia, Canada and China among which are the most accomplished and talented athletes in the sport of women’s softball.
USSSA is headquartered in Osceola County, Florida. USSSA is the World’s Largest Multi-sport Athletic Organization. Founded in 1968, USSSA has grown to over 3.7 million participants, competing in 13 nationally sanctioned sports including Baseball, Fastpitch, Slow Pitch, Karate, Basketball, Soccer and more! For more information on USSSA and to register your team visit USSSA.com. Also be sure to visit USSSAToday.com for the latest USSSA.